Our accounting services are right for you if you have the in-house capacity to do your own bookkeeping. Much of bookkeeping is basic data entry, and it’s more cost-effective for your org to handle this in house. That allows us to focus on higher-level services: we work with you to develop or improve your systems, train your team on the day-to-day bookkeeping, and provide monthly reconciliation, review, and reporting for your financial activity. We specialize in working with complex nonprofits, including multiple entities (affiliated 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4), and/or PACs), organizations with fiscal sponsor / sponsee relationships, and those that receive government grant and contract funding.
Some of our most commonly provided services include:
- Grant and Contract Tracking—Reimbursable/billable grant and contract invoicing for government or foundation grants and spenddown tracking for grant funds received up front.
- Reporting—Customized financial reporting for executive teams, boards of directors, and/or grant/contract reporting. Our customized templates include solutions for complex reporting needs related to multiple entities, fiscal sponsorships, budgeting, and cash flow.
- Monthly Adjustments
- Application of cost allocations based on staff time and effort.
- Cross-entity expense allocations with related entities and fiscal sponsorship arrangements.
- Monthly adjustments to track grant spending.
- Periodic adjustments to ensure our accrual basis clients are adhering to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Audit Assistance—We can work with you or directly with your auditor to provide support through the entire audit process.
- Consulting—We are often available to provide consulting support for our accounting clients. Learn more about our consulting offerings.